Tuesday, January 18, 2011

serious conversation with a 2 year old

molly treats her baby like a human and it often mimics behaviors and things that she does. tonight, her baby was getting in trouble for throwing a fit. molly took her into her room and disciplined her and made her stay in there. then she came out and the converstation went as follows:

me: molly, when your baby doesn't listen and obey you what is she doing?

molly: making sin

me: does God like sin?

molly: no, she's making Jesus sad and me sad

me: what did God do to help us with sin?

molly: died on the cross for our sins

me: yes, Jesus died on the cross to take away our sin. did Jesus stay dead?

molly: no

me: where does Jesus live now?

molly: in heaven

me: how do we get to heaven?

molly: we probably ride flying horses up there!

me: well, not exactly, you have to ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you from your sin.

molly: yeah, and bears. Jesus can save me from bears.

i love that molly is learning about Christ at such a young age comprehends what sin is. she doesn't like to say that she has sinned when she gets in trouble - just hides her face and says i don't want to say it so i thought this was the perfect opportunity to talk about it when her baby was "misbehaving".

***just so you know, the baby is no longer being punished and has moved on to being sick and throwing up.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing; I love to hear and read how little ones begin to understand who God is and what He has done for them. I would enjoy listening in on Molly's conversations with her dolly. Being a Mom is an awesome job isn't it!

    ReplyDelete