Friday, January 11, 2013

Peanut butter

I made my own peanut butter...and it is good! I found the recipe on, yep, you guessed it, Pinterest. Between peanut butter sandwiches, apples dipped in peanut butter, smoothies, oatmeal, and the occasional cookie which doesn't happen very often (but it is my go to cookie if I need one to take somewhere because I always have peanut butter), we consume a lot of peanut butter. I thought maybe I could save a little money and make my own. Turns out I really can't buying peanuts at the grocery store. Did I mention that's all you need? Peanuts and a food processor. I need to look into bulk peanuts and then see if I will have significant savings. Today I made honey roasted peanut butter. Yummy! It's a little gritty but I like a little texture. Chunky peanut butter is my favorite. I'm excited to use it in my oatmeal tomorrow morning! Here is the recipe: http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2012/07/homemade-peanut-butter.html. They suggested adding other favors in also. I see chocolate peanut butter in my near future!

2 comments:

  1. I saw these girls on Shark Tank that started making peanut butter. The had flavors like honey pretzel, chocolate coconut, cinnamon raisin, chocolate sunflower seed. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I don't have a food processor, but if I did I would totally make some!

    ReplyDelete