Friday, January 18, 2013

S is for Sophie

Sophie is really becoming interested in learning. She can spell her name and does a decent job for a 2 1/2 year old writing it. I do try to do different learning activities with both the girls randomly but never get too structured. Since Sophie's interest has heightened I thought I'd get a bit more structured. We started with the letter S because that is the letter she struggles with the most while writing her name. Tracing sheets are okay but Sophie is such a sensory-type girl that I thought we'd try shaving cream. She loved it and it helped because later when she was tracing she did a much better job. Of course there was time or play and getting her hands gooey!

We fixed broken snowballs by matching the appropriate number to the dots.

Playing a snowball game with number cards was a big hit...especially since she won 2/3 times.

Sophie knows most of her shapes, including the rhombus....it's not a diamond, folks. So we worked on constructing the square with marshmallows and the letter S. we did have to pause for a few snack breaks!

Finally, we worked on sequencing and built a snowman.

Blogger and I are not getting along at the moment and I'm having to do this on my iPad because I can't upload pictures from a file and I don't k ow how to move them in the app version so they're all stuck at the end....grrrr. If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know, please!

























1 comment:

  1. I don't know how to move the pics around with the app version either. But you could now that they are there, edit the entry from a laptop or PC and move them around.

    Also, you are an all-star. Look at all that learning! Fun ideas. We did shaving cream once, but I tried it a bit too early for Kate. She kept wanting to try to eat it (it was probably over a year ago). Maybe it's time for another go.

    ReplyDelete