Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pinterest mess yet success

I found the idea for banana pops on Pinterest this morning and decided to give it a go during Miles' nap. I'm so glad I excluded him from this activity because it didn't go as so nicely described in the blog. http://we-made-that.com/frozen-yogurt-banana-pops/

Here they are, almost gone (don't mind the dinner dishes on the table). They were yummy but a pain to make. I used vanilla greek yogurt and straws instead of cake pop sticks. The biggest problem was the bananas fell off the straws as soon as they were dipped in the yogurt. I don't see how cake pop straws would have been any better but maybe they would have. So now there's a banana in the yogurt. The banana was put back on the straw and then I had to sprinkle the sprinkles instead of dipping. I was hoping the girls would be able to do it alone but not this time. Next time I will freeze the bananas for a bit to see if they stay on the straw. Or maybe I'll splurge and by cake pop sticks. 
      
      
The girls thought they tasted like popsicles .

     
Miles preferred to just eat the sprinkles. 

I will make them again. Fun snack that just needs some tweaking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment