Sunday, October 4, 2015

Glorious Unfolding

October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month. It was designated by President Ronald Reagan in1988 as a means to bring awareness, support, and education about miscarriage, SIDS, stillbirths, other pregnancies and childrens lives that end tragically and too soon. This month is a great opportunity for parents to rally with each other in support and understanding for what they/we have gone through. It provides opportunities for others to speak out about their pregnancy losses and/or their children's death. I know when I first went through the pain of losing my daughter through a stillbirth I knew only one person who had suffered like I had. Since Lucy's death I've met many others and heard about others who have also endured the pain of losing a child. Awareness is a good thing and can be a comfort to know you're not the only one.

With those thoughts, much of what I read or see posted on various Facebook pages put so much emphasis on grief and dealing with the grief. I'm not trying to minimize grief, I have my share, however, I wish the focus centered more around hope than grief. Because you see, there is a great hope, even in the midst of pain. We have a sovereign God who orchestrates our life in a perfect way that will glorify Himself. We can't see the big picture but He can. And that is the Glorious unfolding. 

I heard this song the other day on my way to soccer practice and these thoughts I've shared came to mind. I can't focus on sadness and grief at the loss of my little girl. I must turn my focus to the hope in Christ who gives and takes life away. He has a plan and it is good because God is good, all the time. To God be the glory!

Take a minute and listen to the song. It has a powerful message for anyone who is struggling or going through something they wouldn't have chosen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=qVxxTsSUFdw





For all you parents who have lost a child through miscarriage, stillbirth, or another way, you can grieve but remember there is hope in Jesus Christ. Trust Him and rest in His unfailing love. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen. You put into words much of what I too want to say this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and beautiful song: I loved the line "this is just the beginning of the beginning". Love you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete